When someone helps you, don’t you feel good and grateful?
Of course, you do! But how many times a day you make others feel good?
Or let me make it simple, do you put some efforts in doing something for other living beings?
“Every good act is charity. A man’s true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows.” ~ Moliere
So, if you haven’t been into practice of doing such things yet, it’s never too late! You can start today itself and enjoy humble benefits like:
- You feel better about yourself
- The world becomes a better place to live;
- And when the act of kindness is passed on, it multiplies
- You will feel connected you with another person/being, at least for a moment, if not for life
- It improves your life and others too, at least a little
Don’t know where to start?
Let me share an extremely incomplete list to just begin with it. I called it ‘incomplete’, as I am sure you might be having thousands of ideas when you will start thinking about it. First checkout mine;
Plant a tree, water it daily
I have been a part of many plantation drives. But it was due to my parents, that I participated in such events. However, doing it myself (independently), and nurturing it with care, taught me that there is nothing more beautiful than seeing something you plant, grow so well.
Every single, new leave featured that broad smile of mine! Give it a try for sure.
Quench a thirst
The temperature ranges up to 45- 50 degrees nowadays, and you are well-versed with the value of water. Just step out for few minutes, and return to your home, what is the first thing you look for?
Exactly, it is none other than a glass of water!
What about those little creatures who have to stay all day outside in the scorching heat? Yes, those birds, dogs, cats, and many more. Why not make them happy by placing a pot of water outside your home and office, and fill it every day for them? Hardly, you need to spend 2-3 minutes in doing so. And whenever you get free time, just check out how relieved those birds/animal feel after drinking that water.
Show appreciation, publicly
This isn’t a big job, but let me tell you, it isn’t a simple one too! Don’t get confused!
I just mean to say that praise someone, your coworkers, brother, or a friend, in front of family, or in office, in a public way. It is a great way to make them feel better about themselves. And definitely, there smile will leave you with a sense of satisfaction. Just make sure that the complement you offer is an honest one!
Help someone, randomly
HELP is something you can do anytime and anywhere. Let me share some simple, recent life instances of mine;
- Driving back from office, I was on traffic lights where I saw an old lady calling for auto. She wasn’t having enough money to travel, and thus the auto driver left her mid-way. I just offered her a hand to hang back of my scooter, and then dropped her safely. On the way to her destination, she kept showering endless blessings, and that made my day.
- I remember it was my interview day. After clearing my rounds, and getting that joining letter, I left for home. Passing through a nearby market, I just packed few sandwiches for myself. I was just few kilometres behind, when I saw a small child begging for food. I usually don’t share my food 😉 But that day I gave my sandwich to him, and made him eat the same there.
Save for charity
This is another simple thing you can try your hands on.
If I ask you to donate something just now for someone, you will hesitate and start thinking of your expenditures, right? But what if you spare a little amount daily? Maybe a single buck per day!
Yes, I do the same! After having my breakfast, I put one or two bucks to a BOX which is meant to collect charity amount. And whenever I find someone who really need that amount, it is offered readily.
Aren’t they all really simple and cost-friendly?
These will just take a few minutes of your day, and you will start climbing higher in the list of KIND people. Pick any of these, make a small and see the difference.
Let’s put a smile on someone’s face.
And if you have tried something better, don’t forget to share. You might motivate someone to do ‘good’! Leave your comments here.